At East Alabama Family Dentistry of Auburn, we are committed to staying abreast of new technological advancements to serve our patients. Restorative and cosmetic dentist Dr. Thomas J. Lucas has integrated CBCT (Cone beam computed tomography) imaging and CEREC® CAD-CAM restorative technology into his practice.
Our goal is to provide our patients with diagnostic information about their oral health, as well as offer them the convenience of same-day dental crowns, bridges and veneers.
CEREC® (Ceramic Reconstruction) digital dentistry combines the benefits of 3D imaging tools with CAD/CAM (computer aided design/computer aided manufacturing) to design, deliver and place dental restorations (crowns, bridges, implant crowns) in a single appointment.
CEREC 1-Visit Technology
Fitting dentistry into your busy schedule is easier than ever!
The CEREC® process consists of just a few steps:
- After administering local anesthetic to make you completely comfortable, Dr. Lucas prepares your tooth for a crown, bridge, implant crown or veneer.
- Dr. Lucas and his Assistants use a special 3D imaging camera to take 'virtual' impressions of your teeth - no trays or goopy impression material to hassle with!
- Using images of your teeth, Dr. Lucas and his Assistants design your custom restoration using special software.
- We transmit your completed crown, bridge, implant crown or veneer design to the CEREC® milling unit and produce a permanent restoration while you wait.
- Dr. Lucas places your CEREC® restoration using a bonded adhesive process and you are done! No annoying temporaries and no need for a return visit to seat the final restoration!
Cone Beam (CBCT) Imaging
CBCT (Cone beam computed tomography) is a radiographic and 3D imaging system that Dr. Lucas uses in planning dental procedures, including surgical extractions, root canals, orthodontics and placement of dental implants. The radiation dose of CBCT is less than a traditional CT; a 3-dimensional representation of your teeth, jaw and facial structures will provide more information than a traditional 2-dimensional dental xray.
Dr. Lucas uses cone beam imaging and CEREC® restorative technology together to plan guided placement and restoration of dental implants. This combination provides him with detailed information and clinical tools to save time in planning dental implant procedures.
If you would like to schedule a consultation for dental implants, adult orthodontics or dental surgery, please Contact our Auburn dental office to schedule an appointment with Dr. Thomas Lucas.